This is a dish we’ve come across since living in Asia and it is very tasty and filling and very quick to pull together.
1 cup sliced chicken or seafood
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup water
10 thin slices galangal or ginger
1 lemongrass, lower part, cut and crushed
2 straw mushrooms, quartered
3 or 4 kaffir lime leaves, torn
1 tbs fish sauce
½ tbs lime juice
4 tbs chopped coriander (cilantro)
2 or more bird’s eye chillies, split and crushed
8 small tomatoes, halved
¼ cup spring onions, sliced into 2cm lengths
- Combine coconut milk, water, galangal, lemongrass, mushrooms, lime leaves, chillies in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, then add the chicken.
- Cook for 5 around minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Take off the heat and add fish sauce and lime juice. Add more to taste.
- Serve and garnish with the coriander and spring onions.
- For a more substantial dish serve with rice or over rice noodles.
You must log in to post a comment.