One of my favourite Thai dishes. Give me rice noodles any day! Not eating pasta, I find these are a great replacement when I want something of that texture! Enjoy!
Serves 1 – 2
100 g dried rice noodles, soaked in warm water until soft
6 large prawns, shelled and deveined, but leave the tail shells intact
2 tbs cooking oil
1/8 cup spring onions, sliced into 2cm lengths
1 tbs palm or brown sugar
2 tbs fish sauce
¼ cup bean sprouts
1 tbs garlic, minced
1/3 cup tofu, extra firm, cut into 1cm squares
1 tbs tamarind paste
1 tbs crushed roasted peanuts or cashew nuts (we use unsalted)
½ tsp crushed dried red chillies
Add a slice of lime to serve!
- Heat the oil over a low heat and add the garlic. Fry until fragrant
- Add prawns, tofu, bean sprouts and spring onions and stir fry until prawns are cooked
- 3 crack the egg into the pan and stir rapidly until scrambled and cooked through
- Add noodle and fish sauce, sugar, ½ the peanuts and tamarind. Continue to stir fry
- When the noodles have softened turn off the heat
- Top with the remainder of the peanuts and chillies to taste
You must log in to post a comment.