I love making my own natural body products. They are so quick and easy – this only takes about 10 minutes to make and you can have fun experimenting with the smell and colours! I love the fact that it’s completely natural with no harmful additives or chemicals.
Make some up for your family and friends at the same time. Makes a very thoughtful homemade gift!
1 glass jar
Optional: ribbon to decorate and label
½ cup coconut oil or olive oil (I like odour free coconut oil)
½ cup granulated sugar (white table sugar is fine)
½ tsp runny honey
1 tbsp melted cacao butter (optional – adds stiffness to the texture)
5 drops of essential oil of your choice* (I love lemongrass and other citrus oils for their fresh uplifting smell. See below for some combinations you can experiment with)
1-2 tsp super food power (optional to add colour). Try raw cacao powder or spirulina powder
* Please ensure you use therapeutic grade quality essential oils. I’m a big fan of Young Living.
- Put oil, sugar and honey in a bowl and stir till well mixed
- Add essential oils and superfood powder to the mix and stir
- Place in a glass container and store in a cool dry place
Experiment with these different smells:
- Combine orange essential oil with cacao powder
- Combine peppermint essential oil with the spirulina powder
- Use cinnamon, cloves and orange oils for a christmassy feel – Young Living do a blend called Christmas Spirit which I love to diffuse during the festive season and which would be great here.
- For a more relaxed scrub – combine lavender, ylang ylang and chamomile oils together or add some vanilla extract
Share which combinations you like best!