This makes a nice change to boiling or steaming vegetables. Great as a side dish accompaniment to a roast or just on their own.
Choose any combination of all or some of the following (whatever you have to hand):
- 4 cups of cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and/or broccoli
- 2 carrots
- ½ squash
- 6 parsnips
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 purple onions (cut into quarters) or 8 shallots
- 2 courgettes
- 1 red, orange or yellow pepper or a mixture
- 1 large beet
- 1 large garlic bulb, broken up into cloves and peeled (see trick above)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- couple of sprigs of rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F or 200C
- Chop all the vegetables (except the parsnips – you can leave them as they are) in similar size chunks. If using cauliflower, break it up into florets or if using Brussel sprouts cut stems off and cut in half
- Toss all vegetables and whole garlic cloves with seasonings and oil
- Place vegetables on large sheet pan (Tip: cover the pan with parchment paper to make it easy for clean-up)
- Roast vegetables for 20 mins and stir, then roast for another 15 mins or until vegetables are golden brown on the edges.
You must log in to post a comment.